Reviewing outdoor theatre: the missing piece of the puzzle?
By KAT JOYCE
This weekend saw us premiering our newest outdoor performance, That Parking Show, at the brilliant Imagine Luton festival. It was a great weekend in a number of ways:
1. The show, which we've been making for the last three weeks, came together and really seemed to 'land' in front of its first audiences.
2. Our two new performers, Blayar and Melaina, both made their outdoor debut, nailed their performances, and loved the experience.
3. Imagine Luton festival, which was brand new last year, has already gained impressive traction and is pulling really big, enthusiastic audiences (and attracting new, unexpected ones) with a fantastic programme of work (thanks Imagine festivals for taking a punt and commissioning us).
4. The sun shone all weekend.
5. England won the football 6-1 (our final show gained an extra sound effect half way through with a city-wide live chorus of 'Three Lions' spilling out of various pubs)
6. An actual proper, renowned dance critic travelled to Luton to review some of the work.
To continue reading click 'Read the whole story' next to the date at the top.